Tuesday 26 May 2015

Perpignan - Carcassonne, Day 2

I wish it were easier to find maps with French rights of way.
After a good night's sleep I head out of Cucugnan, this is the longest day of the walk, twenty-one miles, so I'd better get moving.  Don't spot anywhere to buy some lunch but I'm sure something will turn up.  At least, the going is easy enough, a gentle climb that I make good pace on.  Of course, it wouldn't be one of my walks without crossing some private land and leaping an electric fence or two, but I get away with it.

No luck finding lunch, so I settle for the two day old shortbread I brought from London.  I am
therefore pleased to get to the village of Bugarach at around 4pm and find an actual bar.  Only a few miles left, I've made good time, so I definitely deserve a beer.  From here it is a pleasant walk through forest to today's endpoint, Rennes-les-Bains.  Interesting place, a thermal spa dating back to Roman days and now a pretty village along both sides of a river.

Was very glad to find this place.
Photos to go with this post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment