Sunday 14 September 2014

The Highlands, Day 6

I wake up and emerge from my tent to find that an army of midges has descended on it, time for a swift exit then.  I also find I've left my GPS on all night, will have to use it sparingly until I can get some new batteries.  It is another twenty mile day today, hopefully a little easier than yesterday.

Shame about the midges.
Well, for the first few miles I walk down a rather pleasant glen, then cross the Dee again.  I walk past Balmoral, or at least the visitor car park, and a policeman guarding whichever royals are in residence.  Then up into the hills again, past the Lochnagar distillery - shame I can't stop.  From here it is only a short climb, and the another glen takes me down to today's destination, Ballater.

I was in the Balti Triangle in Birmingham a couple of weeks before.  This was better!
Nice place, has a few pubs of which I check out a couple, but most surprisingly it has a really excellent curry house, the Lochnagar, where I enjoy a rather tasty balti.

Photos to go with this post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment