Thursday 2 August 2018

Cotswolds : Day 4

Dursley market house.
It seems the recent dry spell, most of which I wasn't in the country for of course, has come to an end, it rains all night and is still drizzling when I come to pack up the tent.  I can live with this...  The walking begins with a steep descent into Dursley, nice little place, I like the market house with its effigy of Queen Anne.  Then back up into the hills again, views not so great today what with the rain, but still plenty of interest.  I walk past a neolithic barrow, a trig point and more topographs - there have been a lot of them.  Seems more hilly today, lots of climbing up and down through woods.  Makes for a long day, it is past six by the time I reach camp just outside Painswick.  Nice campsite, I get a shower, there's even a communal space where I 'cook' some couscous, getting my long distance walk routine back now.  Campsite is oddly empty mind, so into the historic, stone built centre of Painwick for a beer or two...

A topograph.

Photos to go with this post can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment