Friday 27 September 2013

Peak District Déja Vu, Day 2

Back at the Old Nag's Head once again.
Thursday morning and I head north onto the lower slopes of Kinder, from here it's not far to Edale for an early lunch.  I have a pint at the Nag's Head, and a wistful glance at the start of the Pennine Way before heading off
south.

I climb up Mam Tor, or Mother's Hill as the information sign somewhat prudishly has it.  Then I follow the Pennine Bridleway and Limestone Way for quite a few miles, eventually reaching Miller's Dale.  Of course I have to climb down into it, then a steep ascent of the other side brings me to the Waterloo Hotel.

This is where things went wrong two years ago, when I arrived to find the pub shut.  This time I've been organised and phoned in advance, and so am able to enjoy some dinner and a beer or three by the peat fire, before staggering the ten yards to my tent.

Paragliders above Mam Tor.
Photos to go with this post can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment