Thursday 26 July 2018

Cotswolds : Day 1

Royal Crescent, Bath.
Back to walking then - has been a while, particularly in the UK, so finding myself back here in summer it has to be done.  Off to Bath then to walk the Cotswold Way, one hundred and twenty miles or so through the west country, should be fun.  Not too much fun getting there mind you, some sort of problem with the line means my train gets to Bath around forty-five minutes late, but never mind.

Bath is really very impressive, I walk past the Roman Baths and many stone built houses, and of course many tourists.  Then up into the hills, grass covered chalk it seems, sheep graze, it is nice, ah, I have missed this.  I pass golf courses, a racecourse, the site of the civil war battle of Lansdowne, and then it's not far to a pub at Upton Cheney.  I have missed the 'beer after a long walk' thing also.  There is indeed beer, and pizza with thick cut chorizo, all good.  And if I have largely failed to sort out anywhere to camp this week, well, whatever...

The Upton Inn.

Photos to go with this post can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment